Installation issues with Recaptcha

Mar 31, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Tried following the ReCaptcha installation instructions but ran into the 2 following issues (if you could help, could be me being a noob)

Could not find the appropriate section in web.config to add the recaptcha keys section, always came back with errors where ever I put it (just in application, system.web, system.webserver, outside application)

Without the section in web.config, the default.webserver just came back with missing dependancy errors for the recaptcha stuff.

Help appreciated

Simon

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Hi Simon,

You're right ... the configSection is missing ( I forgot to mention that and to add the snippet in documentation).

I already append that information in Documention but to make it easy for those who may experience this problem here is what to do:

Add the following snippet to the web.config configSections:

<!-- New section for Captcha providers configuration -->
    <section name="communityServer.Captcha" type="NunoGomes.CommunityServer.Captcha.Configuration.CaptchaSection" />
With this section in place you should be able to see the Recaptcha provider in action.
NG
Apr 5, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Still a bit stuck it seems

Now get the following error after adding that section

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section section.

Source Error:

Line 210:
Line 211:    <!-- New section for Captcha providers configuration -->
Line 212:    <section name="communityServer.Captcha" type="NunoGomes.CommunityServer.Captcha.Configuration.CaptchaSection" />
Line 213:
Line 214:</configuration>
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2010 at 12:17 PM
Edited Apr 5, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Hi Simon,

The snippet should be putted inside the configSections section of web.config (usually the first section of file).

<configuration>

<configSections> [...] <!-- New section for Captcha providers configuration --> <section name="communityServer.Captcha" type="NunoGomes.CommunityServer.Captcha.Configuration.CaptchaSection" /> </configSections>

[...] NG

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Ok, and just so we are on the same page.

Does the other Recaptcha section to in the same configsection block or somewhere else? (the section with the public and private keys)

Simon

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:20 AM
Edited Apr 7, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Ok, ignore last question (but probably worth mentioning in the install instructions that it can go just after the config configsections block.

(It turned out I didn't have a "configsections" block in my original web.config.  The default installation files with communityserver doesn't have it)

Web.config loads OK now, but... Now when I update the "default.browser" file, I get the following error.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'NunoGomes.CommunityServer' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 7:        <adapter controlType="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm" adapterType="CommunityServer.Controls.Adapters.FormAdapter, CommunityServer.Controls" />
Line 8:         <!-- Adapter for the CreateUserForm control in order to add the Captcha and prevent new SPAM user accounts -->
Line 9:        <adapter controlType="CommunityServer.Controls.CreateUserForm" adapterType="NunoGomes.CommunityServer.Controls.CreateUserFormCaptchaAdapter, NunoGomes.CommunityServer" />
Line 10:       <!-- Adapter for the OpenIdCreateUserSubForm control in order to add the Captcha and prevent new SPAM user accounts -->
Line 11:       <adapter controlType="CommunityServer.Controls.OpenIdCreateUserSubForm" adapterType="NunoGomes.CommunityServer.Controls.OpenIdCreateUserSubFormCaptchaAdapter, NunoGomes.CommunityServer" />

Source File: e:\HostingSpaces\simon.jackson@isoftplc.com\pwsa.serveblog.net\wwwroot\CommunityServer\App_Browsers\default.browser    Line: 9

And Yes, the "Recaptcha.dll" is in the communityserver\Bin folder (version 1.0.0.0 from their site)

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Hi Simon,

The problem can be either:

• the NunoGomes.CommunityServer.dll is not present at bin folder
  • your CommunityServer version is other than 2008.5

Also remember that NunoGomes.CommunityServer.ReCaptcha.dll is required when using the ReCaptchaProvider and should also exist at bin folder.

Note that current release assemblies are compiled for CS 2008.5 version and may not work with other versions.

NG

Apr 9, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Lol, I cannot believe I missed that bit ;-)

Might be worth expanding the installation instructions at the beginning about downloading the extension from here and uploading the file(s) for the extension to community server, I had completely glossed over that part.

Main reason being that there is a lot of weight in the implementation instructions which seems to indicate that's all that is required.

Thanks for all your help you have been great.

look forward to seeing what else you manage to crank out, if you need testing done or help with the project, drop me a line.

Simon

Apr 9, 2010 at 9:12 AM

P.S.

I copied all files from the installation download, which included both your extension dll and the extra recapture dll in the download from here including all the PDB files for each dll.

I also did the same for the recaptcha files from the repaptcha site (DLL+ PDB)

So in total 6 files were added.

not sure if I needed all of these but it seems to be running fine with everything on.

Simon